Taking macro photos this week was both challenging and fun
for me. I quickly learned the importance of my camera’s minimum focusing
distance as I found that a lot of my photos were blurry. It was fun getting
outside and trying to look for interesting subjects to photograph. With the
cold weather approaching, my flowers have since passed, but it was entertaining
to see how dainty wildflowers would photograph.
I first tried making my collage with Photovisi, but it proved
to be a failure. Once I would download beyond 13 pictures, it would give me an
error message. So, I gave in and downloaded Picasa which I found to be very
user-friendly. Overall, I had a good
experience with creating the collage. 
Looks like you got the minimum focusing distance down well :). Love the mixture of textures in your macro collage!
ReplyDeleteI am glad someone else went the small plant route. I hope the wind co-operated with you. Your pictures seem very sharp even blown up so I'd have to say your camera and your arm did perfect. Love the wood textures and the bugs. All my bugs didn't like the camera in their face. :)
ReplyDeleteShelly:
ReplyDeleteI like how the you utilized the focus of an object that allowed the background to blur around it. It really makes your subject material stand out. It's funny that you took pictures of the "fuzzy" caterpillars because I just had a close encounter with one the other day. None of your images are blurry which, given the assignment this week is pretty impressive! Nice work.
Your collage is excellent, Shelly, with an interesting variety of subjects, textures and lighting. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI see you have used the rule of thirds in many of your pictures. I also like the depth of field used in some of your pictures of the flowers
ReplyDeleteI really like your collage! I like how clear and bright your photos are. A lot of your photos look very balanced like the clovers at the bottom of your collage. Right away my eye is drawn to the clover in the center of the photo. I also like the different angles you got of the fuzzy caterpillars. I really like the photo of the yellow caterpillar on the left side of your collage. It is a good shot of the caterpillar from the front/or the back of it. It makes the photo look very interesting. Good job!
ReplyDeleteI have to say I love your collage. I love that you have a theme. I wish I had done that. Some of your photos really stand out to me. The nail one, I love the depth. The one thats all the way to left middle, looks like a caterpillar? LOVE IT. The focus and depth is just awesome. Another photo I really like is the tree, the texture and lines are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou did a really good job. I loved how you captured the Caterpillar. Excellent job!
ReplyDeleteI like how you captureed the yellow catillar on the log. Your photo has life to them. Between the colors and the animals in them it was very joyful seeing the photo's. Your pictures had depth to them and the contrast between the colors its just a wounderful collage.
ReplyDelete