Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 5

For this week’s assignment, 8 of the 9 framing photos in the slideshow were taken in Stowe. I decided to do this assignment outdoors to highlight the beauty of fall. I found it quite challenging to photograph strong framing photos because yellow, amber, and gold tones seemed to overwhelm the landscape causing many of the shots to look bland. I also added a photo of the back of our woodshed where several boards have come loose over the years leaving the stacked wood exposed. I thought it was an interesting shot of wood framing wood.

9 comments:

  1. I really love your slideshow! I love how you got some really great photos of the leaves. They look so pretty! I like how all of your photos look bright because of all the different colored leaves. My favorite photos are the ones where the trees and leaves are framing the road and I also like how the road has an s curve in one of your photos. The photo of the trees and the mountain looks amazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! It was like a Vermont Life magazine :) Composition-wise, for some reason the chairlift photo really stuck with me, great use of rule of thirds and I definitely felt that it had room to keep going. All of them were great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley,
    Your photos are so vibrant and clear. The textures of the wood in your woodpile photo really makes it fun to look at. I couldn't think of better photos to highlight framing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the one with the rocks and the fog, it looks awesome. These turned out really great and this is definitely a great time of year to be taking photos. I had taken some great ones this weekend and had a blast. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite photo is the last one with the trees framing the brook. It really captured the beauty of Vermont, I miss it even more now. Great Photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the photo with the s-curve road. I think it is hard to take framing photos with yellow, amber, and gold tones as well. The colors are very attracting this time of year, especially in Stowe. I also like the photo of the chair lift. With the picture taken up hill really sets off the composition of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly I love your pictures! The framing is so artistic and the colors (especially of the ski lift and foliage) really pop! We're so lucky to have this sunshine of late after all that rain ;-) My favorite is the "natural" framing of the wood pile. The lines and movement of the eye across the square box and then stacked up wood is really intricate. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelly the photo with the fog and foliage is amazing. I wish I could find the time to explore for these amazing shots. Your photo of the winding road with all the leaves is also beautiful the trees frame the corners perfectly and the scene looks tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The framed wood pile is lovely as are so many of your foliage shots. You have a good eye for rule of thirds as well as framing in your composition of every single one!

    ReplyDelete