Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 13 Portrait Assignment

For the portrait assignment, I decided to photograph my almost 16 month old daughter which I knew would be a challenge. Corynn is at the age where she is so interested in my camera that the moment she sees it, she starts heading in my direction. A majority of the shots that I captured were horrible because of that! However, after snapping away endlessly, and several photo sessions later, I actually found a couple that I liked.

I used several tips from the tutorials in my photo sessions. I made sure to get down at Corynn’s level so I wouldn’t produce any awkward photos that made her look dwarfed. And, I decided to dress her up. I think that the delicate white summer dress in the first photo helps to set the mood. And, I adore the tutu in the second photo! Being that the photo shoot was in her bedroom, she had to have her teddy. I was tempted to snatch it out of her hand because I thought it would ruin the photos, but I actually like how they turned out. I think the prop added to the overall mood of the photos.
As you can see from these photos, Corynn truly loves her teddy!



5 comments:

  1. I like how your black and white portraits turned out. You defiantly got the perfect shot with her looking at a subject and not the camera. Children are so hard to shot, but when you catch them in the right moment they take wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your portrait photos make her look so cute! I like how you had her wear a white dress in the photo because it looks like it matches the curtains in the window. I also like how she is holding her teddy while looking out the window. It makes me wonder what she is looking at outside. I love how in the second photo she is looking down at her teddy and how the bear looks like it is looking right back at her. I think that letting her hold her teddy bear was a good idea too because it added to the mood of the photos. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both photos are fantastic. My favorite is the one of Corynn looking out the window. That must have been very challenging getting her to stand there and look out the window. The lighting is great and the white dress that matches the curtains was a good idea. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both pictures, but love the way she is framed with the curtains in the first shot! Have one very similar of my daughter around that same age....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some of the best shots are taken when people you are photographing don't know that it's happening. I enjoyed both of your photos. The angle of Corynn in the second photo is great.

    ReplyDelete